About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog will contain pictures and information from my everyday encounters with nature in London and the surrounding areas. I will log details of the origin of each photograph thus recording what there is to be seen and where it was seen. I very much welcome anyone else who can upload photos and information about nature in London and the home counties. I work freelance in the film industry so have plenty of days off. I hope to update Monday to Friday and once on the weekend posting at around 19.30, I don't post on bank holidays

Monday 20 June 2011

Hawke Binoculars

Having recently been parted from my binoculars for a week I realised how much I use them in day to day life. I’ve not written about any kit for a while so I thought a few sentences on my binoculars would be fitting. Bar the clothes on your back and the shoes on your feet I don’t think there is a more important piece of equipment to interact with nature. They make any walk so much more fruitful and interesting. Sometimes I look at what appears to be blank pieces of sky or landscape then I put my bins to my eyes and a multitude of birds are often revealed. What to buy? I favor something mid size for walking like the pair pictured. They are 10x42 magnification, which gives me good viewing range without being too cumbersome. I also really like this brand, Hawke these ‘Nature Trek’ binoculars were around £90 and I think the optics compare well with other brand models in the £200/£300 bracket a view which is shared with some professionals in the industry that I’ve asked advice from. For the price these are excellent waterproof and robust binoculars.You can feel quite odd walking round London with binoculars but I do it all the time and it's well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment