About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog will contain pictures and information from my everyday encounters with nature in London and the surrounding areas. I will log details of the origin of each photograph thus recording what there is to be seen and where it was seen. I very much welcome anyone else who can upload photos and information about nature in London and the home counties. I work freelance in the film industry so have plenty of days off. I hope to update Monday to Friday and once on the weekend posting at around 19.30, I don't post on bank holidays

Tuesday 15 March 2011

White Primrose

The Primrose is one of the the first spring flower across most of Europe. It's name derives from Latin prima rose; first rose. These are beautiful well known flowers which most people should recognise. Like most plants they have other uses, the leaves can be used to treat some skin irritations and wine can be made from the petals and all parts are edible. It has been popular to take Primroses from the wild to transfer to a garden and because of this practice large wild display of Primroses are now much rarer than they used to be. Please note removal of Primroses from the wild is illegal in the UK and several other countries. Photo take on Dulwich rd SE24.

No comments:

Post a Comment