About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog will contain pictures and information from my everyday encounters with nature in London and the surrounding areas. I will log details of the origin of each photograph thus recording what there is to be seen and where it was seen. I very much welcome anyone else who can upload photos and information about nature in London and the home counties. I work freelance in the film industry so have plenty of days off. I hope to update Monday to Friday and once on the weekend posting at around 19.30, I don't post on bank holidays

Sunday 27 March 2011

Wild food foraging

I'm not posting this weekend on one specific item. I spent yesterday on an excellent foraging course with Fergus Drennan. I would highly recommend this to anyone with an interest in the outdoors. This week I’ll be writing about a few of the things I learnt on the course, there are a huge number of plants which are very common and also very enjoyable. Whether you live in London or in deep countryside there is plenty of healthy, tasty food to either supplement or base your entire diet on.

http://www.wildmanwildfood.com/

Something interesting...there are over 700 species of Sea weed in the UK, about 50% of which you'll find above sea level at least when the tide has gone out, many of these are abundant and edible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment